Monday, December 12, 2011

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY BEE!!!

How is it possible that the year is almost over? Again? I feel like this year never happened! I had so many goals and so many things that I wanted to accomplish this year... where did time go? I did manage to accomplish a few things but, most of the important stuff that I wanted to get done this year...I didn't even get close to get it started! So upset about that!
I was watching Oprah the other night, wanted to try out her new "network" and learned something new. I was really inspired by her "step outside your box" message that it made me think about me.
I turned 30 years old on November 25th. I was kicking and screaming the whole entire time, believe me... I have dreaded that day forever and it came and went. I do my new year's resolution on my bday each year and this time around, I have a different way of thinking then before. This year my new year's resolution will be to think outside the box. To try new things and to step out of my comfort zone. I've always been the adventurous type and have been a little on lock down for a few years. Now, I'm ready for that person to come back out. I'm the opposite of cookie cutter. I like different and changing the rules to everything! You only live once, so... make the best of it. I have been a little comfortable and stuck in a little rut. It happens to everyone... it's called being a parent. Lol! My children are my priority, always have and always will be. Do I have time for myself... NEGATIVE!
As of right now, I'm changing all that. Its time to think outside the box in my personal life and in my business life. I'm ready to take Beautifly Photography in a different direction. Of course, it's not a HUGE difference but it will be refreshing and new.
I cannot wait for next year's spring time to come! I have so many things planned for sessions and can't hardly wait. It all started because I myself was looking for a photographer. I wanted something unique and different... I wanted artsy. I searched and searched for weeks!! Finally I found the "perfect" photographer in Houston for the type of session that I want. I was so happy but at the same time not really happy because it's the cold season. I have to wait for the weather to warm up for me to do the session that I want. Hopefully soon you will get to see what I have planned for my family and I. LOL... it's not your everyday type of photographs and that's exactly what I love about it. DIFFERENT is BEAUTIFUL to me.
Because I had such a hard time finding someone with this particular vision... very similar to mine but not quite there yet... I decided that I will be THAT photographer. I will create my visions to come to reality. A little hint: THEMES!!!
I have to come up with the setting, props and the costumes. I have to learn how to sew and how to use a sewing machine. Since I'm a big chicken when it comes to the cold weather, I will be doing a lot of research and staying indoors with a sewing machine lol!
I don't want to give too much away because I've been dealing with people taking my ideas and making them their own. It's sad to see but, its photography... all of a sudden, everyone is doing it hehehehehe... (including me) I say that everyone that works hard and is dedicated will succeed. Of course, if you're dedicated to be like someone else... you will only succeed at always being someone's 2nd best.

A few things that I have been obsessed with lately:
#1   *   STEPPING OUT OF MY BOX
Thanks Oprah for this: http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Step-Out-of-Your-Box
#2   *   WEDDINGS    My Brother in law is getting married soon and our conversations lately have been 80% about the wedding. On top of that, the whole Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries 72 day wedding. The wedding was beautiful, so much money spent... for NOTHING! How can people do that? In my opinion, the whole thing was for ratings and for the dresses! LOL!! The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.
Since my Husband and I didn't have the "fairytale" wedding that most girls dream about... we're planning on doing it big for our 10th year anniversary. Also, since I'm a scenery type persons... we want to do a destination wedding in Lake Tahoe or Colorado. I want the view... lush green, nice water and mountains. We have 3 years to plan!! This is where my 3rd obsession comes in the picture.
#3   *   PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/
I find myself pinning away planning for my "future wedding" ahahahahhaha!!!! I'm also getting lots of pointers and motivation for my other obsession
#4   *   WORKING OUT
Hey... it's about that time for me to get in shape. No excuses!! I have 3 AMAZING boys and won't have anymore. I want to be around for them as long as possible so I want to be healthy. I want to show them that taking care of yourself is alway good for your health. Hey, if you don't want to have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes... do something about it, right? Exactly!! The hardest part for me is the eating part. I don't know how to eat healthy at all! I love salads but with all the dressings LOL! That's the most challenging part of this whole journey, my eating habits. I don't do fast food. It grosses me out, I would rather eat cereal. I really don't want my kids to ever be dependent on a soda to start their day off right... so, I don't allow my boys to drink sodas. Still somehow, sodas end up in my house all the time. Hmmmmmmm....
A place I go to for inspiration  http://pictureperfectbodywerkit.tumblr.com/
#5   *   SAVING  SAVING!
I really need to come up with $2500 for a photography class that I want to take. It's a 5 day class with an AMAZING photographer. Registration is January but the classes don't start till April. Still, if I can come up with the money by January the 20th, I have a better chance on getting the class I want. Since going to college is not an option right now, I try to do as many little courses as possible here and there. This one is a HUGE  deal and I would love to be a part of it. How am I going to come up with $2500 by January the 20th?? I have no clue but, God is good and if it's meant to be... a miracle will happen. Of course, I'm not going to sit and wait for a miracle to come knocking on my door. For now on, I will be penny pinching everything! This is one of the reasons why I won't hire someone to make the costumes for me.
So, please help and start booking those sessions for next month!!
There is so much to be done, in so little time... but somehow, it will be done! I have faith and I tell my husband all the time. If things don't happen the way I plan them to: Only God knows why and I trust his judgement.

Thanks for stopping by and reading a little about my crazy life!
Hope you enjoyed!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment